ibishaven

Friday, September 29, 2006

The artful dodger

Carla and myself were walking along the Seine, when just around the corner this woman pointed to a shiny object in our path. Wow, a solid gold ring, who would have thought? She exclaimed good luck for the happy finders. When we wanted to walk on she wondered if we could spare a little something. A few coins perhaps? Then it finally dawned on us . Evil gypsie woman ! Nearly, but not quite sucked in (Carla tells me she spotted a few gold molars in her mouth) .

On the other end of the begging spectrum, the same day two young blonde bronzed blue-eyed sorority type teenaged girls confidently approached us asking for 50 cents to buy a phone card. I sneeringly enquired where their parents were to which they answered "In Biarritz... we live there" (Of course this is only one of the wealthiest, most fashionable, surf, party coastal area in France. Think the Hamptons on the French Spanish coast). Carla moronically gave them the 50cents, feeling sorry for their spoilt uncreative childhood.

I have just injected myself with some medecine to get rid of a bloodclot in my lower leg , in addition to this I also have to wear this super strong support hose . It does not enhance the holiday experience , however I am determined to not allow it to interfere either

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cheese woman
The smelly turkish woman
The evil gypsie woman
The lady who runs the local fromagerie
Is it woman in general or just these select few!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home